AIM
Ofrtin46

SmK - Climax SmK - Climax

This is pretty nice, I like the upbeat vibe that this track has. At 170 BPM, it kinda has a feel of something much slower, but I mean it works out.

What stuck out to me was the harmonization of the lead synth at around 2:12 and again at 2:29; it was pretty interesting... At first listen, it almost felt like it wasn't "right", but as I listened to it again, it almost seemed like it gives a nice jarring to the listener.

Well done with the mixing of the track! I like it :)

SKILLZmakeKILLZ responds:

thanks repost! im glad you GET the lead synth harmony lol.

Some Bass n' Stuff Some Bass n' Stuff

This isn't that bad

It just seems that this piece is lacking a little bit in the sense that there's not much going on besides a bass and a little percussion, along with vocals.

As for the bass, I think you need to EQ a bit more, give it a boost at the bass area, or ~100 hz; seems a bit weak there. The wobbling's alright, but it's a tad generic to stand out.

For the most part, this track seems empty. I'm kinda confused as to the wobble; is it an actual vocal or a synth? Sounds a bit.. odd, which made it kinda weird, but I didn't hate it.

It could definitely use a lot more work.

DJKalla responds:

very glad you asked about that. :) its actually a synth thats used more in the "filthy" types of dubstep. and ill definately take your advice into account :)

Police... Police...

The image?

Robocop comes out of a burning building, carrying a child and a puppy, just as the building collapses, he coolly walks out where many firetrucks and police cars are stationed, trying to calm the masses and the fire. Crowds of people start to cheer for Robocop and the credits start to roll.

Great piece

KillTheTrucker responds:

Haha thanks, great story ;D
Make a movie from it!

Thanks,
KTT

Tell em Mang Tell em Mang

Some suggestions

First off, I suggest you to take that speech synthesizer that goes "Deeeeejaaaaaay Raaaaaaaayhoooooo"; it pisses the shit out of me and you should really start off by working on your beats instead of trying to sound like something you're not.

For the track itself, it does give a feeling of the sneaky graffiti artist trying to get to places to tag, but you need to use better .wav files. Go find some hip hop sound packs online to expand on your library, since preset sounds are really bad. It kinda took away from the beat.

I will commend you that this is pretty good for someone that's new; try to look up some tutorials, like Warbeats; their website is a very useful resource for beginners looking to produce, especially for the hip hop area.

RayHo responds:

gotcha :D
im not to great at hiphop.

I'm So Glad I'm So Glad

Errr....

I have this odd feeling that you misplaced your track's genre as "techno". I don't think rappers use techno beats, but then again, I might be wrong. Also, this sounds like a Christmas beat, so I'm imagining that Santa's on his low rider sled that's throwing up hand signs flinging presents to people.

Lithorph - Mastering Test Lithorph - Mastering Test

ysoshort

I think this piece isn't just "ok", this is actually pretty good. The sounds are clear and I can distinguish between each instrument.

As for your piano, I'm not sure if you intentionally made it sound like a harpsichord, but it sounds really metally and twangy. I wasn't so much on that as I was the rest of the track.

Sounds great though, in terms of sound quality.

Lithorph responds:

Yes that was a last minute change, i changed to a guitar, but im thinking of going back to the nice and mellow piano.
thanks for your review dude, im happy you liked some of it :)

Spirit Helper (Extended) Spirit Helper (Extended)

HAH!

When I saw that you had "Repost at 170 bpm, enjoy," I couldn't stop myself from giving a review. After all, how am I at 170 bpm, amirite?

Anyways, I'm not sure why this received a low rating. Your percussion was actually a bit trippy, in a good way. I didn't know how it was going to work, with those bass drums, but that driving pattern it had on it was a nice touch. Your slow inclusion of a traditional DnB drumline complimented those bass drums, which I like.

Yeah. Well, ok.

AliceMako responds:

How indeed and it's a good thing you're not, heart attacks can kill after all :3

Funny you should mention, i gave a lengthy rant on people/artists taking the rating
system here as serious business, which it really isn't imo, on my blog just the
other day after reading a tl;dr tearfest from somebody whom i really respect
as a musician and the comments it generated.

And thanks a bundle, this is actually the third version of this particular track and
bar one other this has been my biggest experiment cramming different
drum loops together, glad you like it <3

singing bowls singing bowls

WHAT IS THIS

I DON'T EVEN

oddfellowfloyd responds:

This would be Ambient music, using Tibetan singing bowls as the instruments, to create drones and chimes... Drift music. Meditation music, if you like. Hence it being categorized in the 'Ambient' section.

No need for harshness. If you don't like it, then simply change it. No need to 'zero' it either.

84.4 84.4

I'm going to be honest with you

This doesn't really sound like anything. I just hear a bunch of sounds that are dissonant with each other, eventually making it seem like you just threw in a bunch of sounds together with the intention of making it sound dissonant with each other.

As for the ambiance part of this track, it's got a scary feeling to it. But it's just the harsh sound of that drone that makes it sound so horrifying, and not in a good way.

I'm not sure what your intentions were for this track, but I suggest that you should make that drone synth a lot less harsher. And perhaps give it a bit more scary ambiance by adding different instruments and such.

I hope you can come up with something better next time.

Digital Trip Digital Trip

This is pretty nice

Sounds like a pretty tight hardstyle with a little bit of house in there. I'm not sure if it's my laptop's horrible sound card, but it seems like the kick kinda distorts a bit of the sound.

I like it, but I think you could clean it up a bit with a bit of EQing and stuff.